Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a deposit?
Yes, for standard use the deposit is $20 per unit.
Is there an administration fee?
Yes, only if you are a first time customer. After that, you’re a repeat customer and should be able to find you in our data banks. let us know when you lease if you’ve rented before, any location. The administration fee is $20.
What will I need to rent?
An appointment, ID, lock, and payment. We accept money orders, checks and credit cards. Cash is exact change only please. Call to get your appointment.
Use them!! We request that our customers only use disc locks, not the paddle lock style. We sell disc locks to make it easy for you. $15 for a single lock, $30 for doubles.
We request our customers have insurance, as we are not able to insure your belongings for you. (No self storage can, only you know what you have) You can add it to another policy you have such as renter’s or auto, or we can provide a policy. We use SBOA Tenant Insurance, and are happy to help you get set up.
- What size unit you will need of course is dependent on how much stuff you have and how much space you’d like to have to access it. That said, we get asked this a lot so here are some guide lines.
- 5 x 10: Holds some boxes and a small amount of not too bulky of furniture, like a dresser or washer and dryer. Think walk in closet. 50 sq ft.
- 10 x 10: Should handle a 2 bedroom apartment. Be tidy and label boxes as it may be handy to retrieve the x-mas box you are looking for 6 months later..100 sq ft.
- 10 x 20: Size of a 1 car garage. We have this size both with a garage door and without so make sure you specify which type you will need. This size can handle an entire household of items, tools etc. 200 sq ft.
- 10 x 30: You know who you are. 300 sq ft. Garage door only.
- Musical Customers- Please inquire by phone.
All the obvious no’s apply:
- no live animals (you’d be surprised)
- no illegal substances
- no flammables or toxins
- no sleeping/cooking
- no smoking